- Learn to Fly with Condor. It may be a game but the feeling can be real.
- Getting Started with XCSoar for Android. In this article I show how to set up the Open Source (free) glider flight computer XCSoar on your Android device.
- Field Selection. Video produced by the BGA on how to identify and select fields appropriate for landing.
- Safety in Mounting Flying. (10MB PDF) The English edition of the French Saint-Auban club’s guide on safe soaring in the mountains.
- Soaring Saferty Tips from the Southern California Soaring Academy.
- That Beautiful Mountain and her Sinister Trap. (0.5MB PDF) A possible explanaition for some unexplained ridge-soaring crashes.
- Don’t Smack the Mountain. An article published on DG Flugzeigbau’s web site discussing the dangers of lift differentials near the mountain ridge.
Glider pilots use their own language to describe things. Here are some common acronyms:
|FOO||Flight Operations Officer. The person in charge of the day’s operations.|
|RL||Real-Life. Often used by Condor pilots when referring to “real flight”|
Do you have others to add? Add a comment below.